Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 178, A good day for a run

Its hard to believe that its January 27, with the temperature in the mid 60's.  I couldn't help but have a bit of spring fever and want to be outside.  Today is another workout day, so I don't take a lunch and couldn't go home and let the chickens out.

My workout today was at 4:15pm and I think my trainer had the same case of spring fever and she suggested we go for a run along the river.  I was more than game for that, but was a little worried I could not keep with her.  The gym is blocks away from the Deschutes River at the Old Mill in Bend and there were a lot of people with the same idea.   There is a time in the winter months when the sun is at an angle that it seems to be constantly in your eyes, and today is seemed to be particularly glaring.  It was amazingly beautiful even if the sun was blinding and I wasn't going to complain.  I'm not sure  how far we ran, but ran for about 40 minutes and it was awesome.  I figured I would be done, but she had me do pull ups, some ab work and of course lots of stretching.  It was an great day!

With a stop off at Costco I was home around 6pm.  I checked on the chickens and they had laid 5 eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment