Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 175, The King's Speech


A pretty great movie.

It's another Monday and I was in the need for making the week fun.  My folks had been to the movies over the weekend and saw "The King's Speech".  They said I should go see it.  Before I left the house for work I texted my friend Tracy to see if she wanted to go see the movie and she said sure.  She pulled up the movie listing and found that The King's Speech was playing at 4:40pm or 7:30pm.  We figured we could both use a break and could make the early showing.

After a busy day of work I met Tracy at my house at 4pm and off we went to the movie.  It was a really good movie and I had never heard why King Edward abdicated his throne, or how King George VI became King.  It's a powerful movie and a fairly serious subject but it's interjected with moments of humor that keep you laughing.  Colin Firth does an amazing job and I am sure will be nominated for Oscar come Oscar time.  Of course I loved the old cars and the several Rolls Royces.  It makes me miss my Rolls and reminds me that I need to call the mechanic and see what is taking so long with my car.  It's now going on 4 months since I dropped my car for some required service.

Anyway, great movie and a fun way to start the week off.

No comments:

Post a Comment