Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 65, Tuesday morning Frost and Ice.


Ice in the fields Winter is coming
It dipped down to 30 and it is safe to say that the garden is officially done for the 2010 growing season.  The yard was frost covered this morning and the irrigation in the fields had coated everything with a nice layer of ice.

Work was busy and I got home around 6pm, just enough time to let the chickens out pull all the green tomatoes off the plants and to change the straw in the Chicken coop.  The chickens were there usual happy selves running around the yard and their play time would over by 7pm when it is pretty much dark.

Three male orange kittens 4 weeks old.
There really is no time available after work to work on the trailer.  By the time I change and do my few daily chores it's dark.  I did place a call to the vintage trailer restoration shop in Bend to see if they would be interested in my trailer, but I just got a voice mail. I haven't heard from the other guy who came and looked at it was going to get back to me.  I might need to call him again too.   
I did receive a lead on replacement cat if my older cat Scrappy does not start to get better.  I have  a fondness for orange cats and my friend Lee and his wife Linda had rescued 3 kittens.  I asked if any of them were orange and here is the picture they sent.  Needless to say, I might need to get 1, or 2 or 3....I have acreage...that's not creepy is it?  Single guy and 5 cats?  Ok, way creepy...but I have chickens, horses, fish, deer, etc, yeah still creepy.  Ok, so maybe I will just get one.

Tonight is going to be a repeat of yesterday, TV and another 12 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment