Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 68, Woo Hoo Friday

To say I was excited for the weekend, would be an understatement.  I was exhausted and ready for a few days off.  I really need a few day to decompress and to slow things down.

I had a lunch meeting in Bend and was able to stop by the house on my way back and let the chickens out.  I figured 5 o'clock would get here soon enough and they would enjoy the time out in the yard.

1950 Oldsmobile Rocket 88

When the magic "quitting time" rolled around I had several errands to run.  I needed a few items from the store and then ever since our Dinner and Auction, I have wanted to look for this little toy car that was on top of a cupcake that was donated as an auction item.  I had asked the cupcake maker where she got the car and she said it was from the Johnny Lightning series at WalMart, so that's where I went to look.  To my surprise they still had one and in fact they had two, so I bought them both.  The grand total was $5.98 for the two.  I guess at 45, I still enjoy a good Match Box car.  I actually leave my cars out in cabinet in the living room and when little people come over they know where to look for the toy cars. There was just something about this car that I had to have.  It was great little 1950 Oldsmobile, now when is the last time you saw an Oldsmobile?  I opened one up for use and I will keep the other one pristine and in the box.  I now need to find a small Traveleze trailer to put behind it.  I wonder if they make any small canned ham trailer  that are Match Box sized?  I'll have to look on eBay and see what I can find.

The chickens put them selves to bed and I closed the pen door around 7pm.  I spent the evening catching up with a good friend, who I haven't talked with in a long time.  He had stopped by and we had a beer and talked about our old college days.  I ended up going to bed at midnight.  I was so ready for a good night sleep.  I had put fresh sheets on and there is little I love more, so I was really looking forward to laying in bed and just enjoying the peace and quiet and clean sheets.

It had been a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment