Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 67, Thursday Halloween is coming

 
Chickens on the path
There is something about Thursday I love, I think it's the anticipation of Friday and the weekend.   Work was extremely busy and I got  home around 5:45.  I don't think I had been in the door more than 10 minutes when my brother called and asked if I could come get him, his truck had broken down.  I put my shoes back on and off I went.

I was back home this time for good by 6:20.  The chickens were still in the yard but getting closer to the coop and pen.  I do love the autumn days and especially when the sun starts to sink low.  Everything seems to turn golden. 



There were deer in the yard, the quail were starting to head to the Blue Spruce, the cats and chickens were out, it's really just a special time of day.  As I looked at the corn and pumpkin patch I decided to put the pumpkin patch sign for Halloween.  This weekend I will have to cut the corn stalks down and put them up at the end of my driveway.  The holidays will soon be here.

Halloween is around the corner


 Before I knew it, it was dark, I closed the chickens in the pen and went inside for the night.  I then realized that tomorrow was garbage day, so I put my shoes back on pulled the trash can down my driveway, which I think is around 700' long'.   I actually enjoy taking the trash out, it a nice walk and when the stars are out it can be breath taking.

It was time to read my 12 pages in the "Read the Bible in 90 Days" challenge and I was now on day 26.




No comments:

Post a Comment