Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 76, Saturday and it's a beautiful Fall Day

Central Oregon has some of the best fall weather there is.  It was a cold crisp morning and the day was going to warm up into the 60's.

Saturday morning chores were first of the list of things to get done, laundry, dishes, cleaning, take the trash out, dust, vacuume, sinks and toilets.  Does lilfe get any better than that, no really does it?  Once the inside chores were done then it was time to head outside.

The chickens were very happy to be let out at 11am and they did the usual digging in the yard.  I don't know if you have ever seen a hole that a chicken has scratched up, but man can those girls go to town.  They are like little feather backhoes.


Egg Nog, before Halloween?

Today my brother was going to work on removing some old barbed wire fencing from my folks property and I figured I would help him out after I got done running some errands.  I had to run to the post office, stop by my office pick up my sport coat that I left there Friday, make 10 copies on the copier for a trade show that I will be attending next week, stop at the bank, the feed store, get gas and pick up some groceries.  Do you know they already have Egg Nog out and it's not even Halloween.  When I got back home and walked across the street to help my brother, he was pretty much done.  Now that was perfect timing.

I spent part of the afternoon reading my 12 pages for the "Read the Bible in 90 Days" project and I'm on day 35. There is no way I can read the bible after dark, I'm too afraid of snapping my neck from whiplash when I fall asleep.

In the evening I was invited to my friends Bruce and Mary Ann's to watch the Beavs play the Huskies.  It was an exhausting game to watch and  I don't think I have ever seen a football game go into double overtime.  I got home around 11pm and I was tired. 

It had been a beautiful day and tomorrow is suposed to be more of the same. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment