Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 74, Thursday all work and no play

To say this week has been busy, would be an understatement.  I was able to sneak away for lunch at 1pm and I ran home to let the chickens out.

Fall and the Packard
My father had hired a guy to install a new gate on the property they just bought across the street from me and the guy was there drilling holes for the new fence posts.  Unfortunately he hit a water line to my neighbors house which is 1,300 feet away and the water line was not where it was supposed to be.  The lines had been marked and this one was 8 feet away from where it was supposed to be.  The guy had shut the water off, so I went and told my neighbor what had happened and that her water would be back on shortly. This was a case of a simple project turning into something a lot more.

It was a spectacular day, the leaves are all decked out in vivid fall colors, the air was crisp in the morning and it had warmed up to the 70's.  The chickens were ecstatic to be out in the yard rooting up bugs and running free.  Egg production has dropped dramatically and I only get about 2 eggs a day.  My lunch hour always flies by and I soon had to head back to work.

I had an evening function after work and was able to get home around 7:15pm.  The chickens were all in the coop sound asleep and I was exhausted.  I read my 12 pages and I tell you reading 2nd Chronicles is a real struggle when you are tired and it's getting late.

I was in bed by 10pm and and sound a sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment