Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 71, Monday and not much to report

As Mondays go, this was a good one.  I had so much to get done for our Board retreat tomorrow that the day flew by.

I left work in time to get to my workout appointment in Bend.  Having missed lunch, I was a little hungry and almost starting to feel a little weak.  All I could think about was the cold pizza that was sitting in my refrigerator at home.  Strange combination, working out and pizza, but I was hungry.  I should have been thinking of healthy food.

The workout was great and I was home by 6.  I let the chickens out for a few moments of free time and then I devoured the pizza.  With food in my stomach I sat on the couch and read my 12 pages for he day.  I love watching the sun sink low on the horizon and seeing the long shadows across the ground.

Before I knew it the sun was set, the chickens were in the coop and I had read my 12 pages.  I locked the chickens in for the night and then did some cleaning for tomorrows Board meeting.  I had my entire Board and staff coming for our annual retreat.  The house looked pretty good and with some extra effort I was ready for company.

I was in bed by 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment