Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 77, Sunday don't get any better than this.

I love it when I wake up and I'm ready to jump out of bed.  The cats were up the birds where going crazy, the chickens were stiring and even the deer were playing in the yard. 

My first line of business was feed the animals and myself and then I needed to read 6 more pages of the "book" before I went to Church.  Today I was scheduled to be an usher and I couldn't remember what time I was supposed to be there so I figured I would go a little bit early just to be safe.

Cutting down the Shasta Daisy's and loading the wagon.

I was out the door at 10:15am all dressed up and I figured I should I take the 1990 Cadillac Brougham D'elegance, nothing screems old man church car more than that.  I had just rolled 10,000 miles on Friday, so it literally is the proverbial "only driven to Church on Sunday" car.  After church I went to start the car and it barely turned over, but it did start.  I had thought the battery might have needed to been changed last week, so I drove straight to Sears for a new Die Hard.

Once back home I had a ton of outside chores to get done, including mowing the lawn, cutting down the dead flowers around pond, spraying for weeds and grass and putting up the Halloween witch and cats by the pond.  I also had to clean out the chicken coop and pen and put down fresh lawn clipping.  I was going to have move a pretty steady pace to get it all done before the sunset and it got dark.

Martha Stewart's witch.
I hauled off two huge wagon loads full of dead flowers and this was just the area around the pond.  I'm going to have do more next weekend too, but for now this was all I was going to get done.  Once I had the mess raked up I could now mow, which really picks up all the leftover debris.  With those two things done I could put up the witch and the cats and wire her lantern into the low voltage lighting around the pond.  The which I made made last year.  A friend of mine had spotted the pattern online from Martha Stewart and she thought I could make it, so I did.  It turned out kind of cool and looks neat by the pond.

It was dark by 6:30pm and the temp was really dropping so I was ready to head inside.  I still had some cleaning and reading to do.  I also have to pack and get ready for a little trip tomorrow for work.

It has been a fantastic weekend.  There is something very special about fall, with all the fall colors, corn stalks, apples from the tree and pumpkins.  I don't know what it is about pumpkins but they just make me smile.  All these things are symbols of the approching holidays and Halloween is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment