Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 85, Monday and winter has arrived.

Mondays are always a challenge and after being gone a week this Monday was really challenging.  To make it even more stressful, I leave tomorrow for yet another conference for the rest of this week.  Luckily this trip is just over the mountain in Salem on across the country.

I worked through lunch and at 4pm I left for my workout with my trainer.  It had been nearly 2 weeks since my last workout, and when I'm traveling I tend not to eat the best, so I was feeling a little on the lethargic side.  The workout was great, focusing on cardio, strength and flexibility.  I need serious help in all three areas, but especially on cardio capacity.

I was home by 5:30pm and I immediately let the chickens out.  They were ready to stretch their legs, but the weather was looking mighty stormy and the temperature was starting to drop.  I figured they had about 40 minutes to play, before it got dark and they would want to head back into the coop. 
Dinner with my brother, sister-in-law and my nephews.
My brother had invited me for dinner, so I had to quickly clean up and change in to clean clothes to get there on time.  My sister-in-law was making meatloaf, one of my favorite comfort foods, and there was apple pie for desert.  So much for my workout. 

While we were eating, it became official, winter arrived and we had our first snowfall of the season.  Big wet snowflakes fell from the ski and it quickly covered the ground in a soppy half inch of wet snow.  In true Central Oregon fashion, it snowed before Halloween.

I had a great time, with good food and family and I headed home to pack and to read my 12 pages.  I have just barely gotten my suitcase unpacked from last week and tonight I was going to have to pack all over again.

Tonight it's early to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment