Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 72, Board tretreat and wheel


New used 20 year old Cadillac wheel

I was vacuuming the house at 6:45am in preparation for the retreat.  Everything was pretty much in order and soon about 20 people would be arriving.  The retreat was scheduled from about 8:30 to noon an I had anticipated that we would be done early around 11am, and I was pretty close.  We concluded the meeting at 11:05am and I spent the next hour and half cleaning up again.

 During the meeting UPS showed and my Cadillac wheel had arrived.  I should now have 4 round wheels and the tires that I bought in July can now finally be put on the Cadillac and the 20 year old original tires can be put in the garage for safe keeping.  When I finished cleaning up the house I loaded the wheel in the back of the truck and went to work.  The remainder of the day flew by and I left work at 4:30pm to to Les Schwab to have the wheel tested.


Suggest rim replacement, UGHHH
 When I got to the tire store I was met with the usual awesome customer service and they were happy to test the wheel for me.  To my shock and disbelief they said the wheel was not round.  I couldn't believe it and I called the guy who sold it to me immediately.  He was in even great disbelief, because he had personally watched the wheel be checked.  I took the wheel and went home, all the while talking with the guy in LA.  He said there is no way the wheel is not round and that they didn't know what they were doing.  I told him I would take the wheel to America's Tire, where my 4 tires had been waiting for 3 months. 




Rim with tire and it checked great.
 America's tire put it on their machine and they said it wasn't too bad but there might be a vibration from it.  I was not happy. The guy in LA said you have to check and balance them with the tire on the wheel, so I asked if they could put one of my tires on the wheel and try it again. They said sure, and to our total surprise, the wheel was perfect, with no hope and only needing 1.35 ounces of weight.  What huge relief and called the guy in LA to say, the wheel was fine, he was greatly relieved too.

I left the wheel there and said I would be back tomorrow with the Cadillac and I would have all 4 wheels with me and I would finally get the tires out of their way.

I drove home with a feeling of great relief and excitement to finally be able to get the new wheels  on the car.  I arrived home at 6:15 and I was taking to dinner to my parent, so I quickly changed clothes and departed. 

I was back home by 8 and in bed by 11.  I was beat and tomorrow would be a new day and I'd have new tires.  Who would think anyone could be excited about getting new wheels and tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment