Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 278, Glad to be home

It was so nice to be back home and to sleep in my own bed.  I woke up at 6:30am feeling ready to tackle the day.  I started the laundry and finished unpacking.  I had left the house clean and it had pretty much stayed that way, other than the dried gopher blood on the carpet in the hall.  With a bottle of Oxy Clean, lots of water and my Green Machine carpet shampooer I got right up.  Now why do I have cats?

This is why I cut down the Aspen trees they send suckers everywhere.

It was a sunny day and I was looking forward to spending some time in the yard.  I really needed to fix the mess that the chickens had created while I was gone. I spent a few hours just filling in the holes, blowing the barkdust out of the gravel path, hosing off the patio and just tidying up the yard.  I also needed to mow the lawn and that was going to be first outside project.  I was busy all day and I was very happy to just be puttering in the yard.  I filled the fish pond using the irrigation hose, pruned trees a spent a good portion of the afternoon digging up Aspen Tree roots.  Even though I cut down the trees last August and treated the stumps, I'm still getting new shoots.  Pulling up roots is not a lot of fun and it's hard on the back.  When I finish I had a wheelbarrow clear full.

The chickens spent the day outside and continued with their little path of destruction, but they also laid 4 eggs and provided lots of amusement, so I let them get away with making a continuous mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment