Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 281, Tuesday

Tuesday was said to be the only day this week that will be sunny and the morning was agreeing with the prediction.  It was sunny and beautiful and I woke feeling ready for the day.

Work was busy with my my noon monthly Board meeting and then I had my after noon workout.  I really hadn't worked out in over a week, so I was a little nervous about what my trainer would have me do.  I also was bringing my Mom and I know she was worried about working out for the first time in nearly 8 months.  I brought fresh eggs to give to my trainer and she bought me a loaf of Great Harvest bread.

My workout consisted of running about three miles, one on the tread mill and two out on the trails.  My Mom worked out with my trainer and my run was with a intern from the college, a 24-ish, ripped young guy, who puts me to shame.  I had to tell him I hate him, for being in such good shape. He could totally carry on a conversation while jogging, while I was gasping for air (OK so I'm not quite that bad).  I was only kidding  and he's good motivation for me to keep running and to eat right (oh to be young and in shape).  After the run we got in a few pull ups, a few lunges and of course lots of stretching.  He totally kick my butt, but it was a great workout.

A portion of my driveway after being seal coated.
Back home, I had scheduled to have my driveway seal coated and they took full advantage of the nice weather and got it done.  I was so pleased to see the driveway, looking like new again.  With the sun being out and the temperature in the 70's the driveway was dry, but I didn't want to take any chances.   I parked my truck across the street on the 40 acres over night and I stayed off the driveway for the recommended 24 hours. 

It was beautiful evening and I let the chickens out to enjoy a few hours of freedom in the yard.

It was an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment