Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 292, Landed in Ireland day 1.

We landed in Dublin Ireland at 8:50am Saturday morning after traveling all day and night. I was really tired but excited to be here. We had excellent seats and great service thanks to some kind words to the gate agent and large bag of M&M's that I gave to the Flight Attendants at the start of the flight.

As Allie and I walked to the customs line a few rows ahead of us was Robin and Brad. Their flight was late and was a few minutes early. The timing was perfect and we could all fit into one car, saving us about $90.


Lobby of the Fitz William, Dublin, Ireland

By the time we got to the hotel the trip was starting to hit us, we checked and took a 30 mi ute powers nap. I had to take a shower and before long we were all ready to go sight seeking.

We all lasted a few hours had lunch and then we all desperately needed more sleep. We went back to the hotel at 2pm and slept for three hours. We had dinner reservations for 6pm. We ate at a place called Poeple' and it was fantastic. The waiter was from Poland and has been living in Dublin for 10 years. He gave us all kinds of suggestions for where to go tomorrow, so we took notes and will check some out tomorrow.

After dinner it was back to the hotel and we were all still very tired. It was bed time at 9pm.

I am having cell phone issues, so this might be the only time I can log on. We shall see how it goes. I also have not figured out how to attach photos. I do have my cameras so I will take lots and attach them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment