Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 283, Another beautiful day and a killer workout

Despite the forecast for more bad weather, it actually turned out fairly nice.  Work was busy, which made the day fly by and I worked through lunch, so I could leave early for my workout.  I also needed to drop off Visitor Guides in Bend, so the trip was going to be productive as well.

My workout was going to be with the intern, as my regular trainer was gone for the day.  I was a little bit concerned that this super fit young guy was going to kill me with the workout.  He had created a great workout that we were going to run through 3 times and then finish with some stretches.  He paid close attention to my form and corrected me where I needed it.  He had created a very good workout as I was dieing.  I was correct in thinking he was going to kill me and when my time was up, I was a puddle on the floor.  I was exhausted and dripping with sweat; it really was a "killer workout".

Immediately following my workout, I had a Building Committee meeting with the Sons of Norway at the Lodge, which is just down the street from the gym.  The meeting was quick and productive, which is the way I like them.

Following the meeting I went to take a look at Justin's 1954 Chevy Bel Air and 1948 Westwood trailer.  The car was awesome, a dark green 2 door sedan with a luggage rack on top.  The car was weathered and had a few dents here and there, but it was still a great car.  I think it is probably a bit more of a project than I want to take on at the time, but it's a great looking car.

The Westwood trailer is amazing, they had obviously been working night and day to get it ready for the big trailer show in Pismo Beach, California next week.  The wood interior is spectacular and they are tossing in a few cleverly hidden up grades, like flat screen TV's behind vintage cabinetry.   This is an awesome trailer and at approximately 26' in length, it is the ideal trailer.   I have trailer envy in the worst way.

Justin said that after Pismo, things should calm down and they could come get my trailer.

It was another great day and I let the chickens out at 7pm to enjoy the remainder of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment