Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 578, A visit to the Traveleze.

The morning started off perfect, I slept like a rock, the sun was shining, the cats were happy and neither one of them coughed up a hairball during the night.

I spent the morning doing the routine chores, cleaning up the kitchen, dusting, watering the plants, winding the clocks and vacuuming the house.  I had finished the laundry Friday night and other than some folding and ironing that chore was done.

At around 11 am I started the very needed task of washing the truck.  It was covered with glycol and it looked horrible.  At 12:30 pm my folks came over and we went to look at the Traveleze.  They have not seen the final results other than in pictures and they were anxious to see it.  Even my Father was amazed and impressed with it.  My Mom loved it and was excited about the opportunity to take it out camping.  I actually think they might go camping with me!  Justin then showed them a real trailer,  his 31' Anderson, that he is working on.  It is a huge project, but will be spectacular when finished. It has been a fun journey and I'm anxious to get the Traveleze home so I can putter with it.

A clean chicken coop.
Back home I wanted to take advantage of the nice weather and I really needed to clean out the chicken coop.  The nesting boxes needed new paper and roosting area needed to be shoveled out.  I tossed buckets of chicken poo on the garden and by planting time in May, the soil should be nice and rich.  Chicken poo, goes a long way as far as fertilizer and you can burn your plants up with too much.  The chickens enjoyed the extra attention and were happy to have a clean home.  With a Red Tail Hawk circling overhead I left the chickens inside all day.

For some strange reason I wanted meatloaf for dinner, so I went shopping for all the ingredients  I used to make a mean meatloaf, but it has been some time since I had made one.  As it turned out, I hadn't lost my touch and it was fantastic.  I ate so much, I had that post Thanksgiving dinner coma feeling.  My eyes were way bigger than my stomach and I was in misery.

We can't get the car out until the boat next to it is moved.
I had several texts with the guy from Seattle regarding picking up the 53 Packard. The best days for me were Tuesday or Wednesday, but as it turns out the guy who needs to move the boat out of the way isn't available on those days.  The next option is Thursday after 1pm or Friday, but he wouldn't be able to be there.  At this point I need to do a lot of communicating and planning to figure out how this is all going to work out, for all those  involved.   This might be a bit of a logistical challenge, but I will make it work one way or another.

2 comments:

  1. Unless it looks totally different in person, the colour of the Packard isn't all that bad.
    Looking forward to following the restoration of this Packard like I did your Traveleze, and if you ever get up into the Canadian Prairies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be a glutton for punishment, jumping from one project to the next. The orange actually isn't that bad, but there are several areas on the body that are going to require some work, and once I start grinding off paint I might as well keep going and paint the car back to the original color. I'd love to hook up the Traveleze to the Packard someday and checkout a lot of this country and Canada. I read the book Dead North and got the idea of driving to Alaska. Now that would really be something worth blogging about.

    ReplyDelete