Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 587, Back to work

All night long I heard the wind howling over the house and I couldn't help but hunker down in my bed and enjoy the moment.  Harris and Scrappy were sound asleep at the foot of the bed.  They are happy to be on the bed with me sleeping safe and sound.   In the morning the wind was still blowing and it was snowing lightly.  Winter is not wanting to let go and spring would have to wait another day.

The beautiful weekend was now over, it was time to get up and go to work.  After being gone on Friday I knew I would have some catching up work to do, but I was ready for it.  It was actually a very nice Monday and the day moved quickly.  I had lots of people ask about the Packard and wondered if I drove it to work.  With the windows stuck down and the fact that it was snowing the answer was a most definite, no.   I did manage to call a place that restores license plates here in town and they do have 1953 Oregon plates, but they are just a little pricey.  I told them I have two 1956 plates and they were interested in a part trade.  I'll have to see what kind of deal they want to make.  I really want 1953 plates on the car and I can go register the car tomorrow afternoon.  In Oregon you only have to register a classic car once.

Just waiting to go for a drive.
I did have the opportunity to stop by Flyte Camp to check on the Traveleze. They had moved it to another location to make room in their shop.  They are getting ready to film another TV show for the Travel Channel on Thursday and they are possibly going to use the Traveleze.  It sounded like they would be done with it this week and I would be getting it home either Friday or Saturday!  The end is near.

Back home the 53 Packard would have to wait for better weather and license plates before we can go for a ride.  I would only imagine that the car is so ready to get out on the road again after being in storage for so long.  I can't wait to see the 53 and Traveleze together.  It will be the start of many new adventures.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment