Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 582, The Traveleze outside

The Traveleze outside in the sun.
The morning got off to one of those spectacular starts where the sun was shinning and the frost sparkled across the landscape.  I laid in bed for several minutes just watching the earth waking up, it was beautiful.  I am so blessed to live in Central Oregon.

At the end of my work day I left the office a little early and headed to Flyte Camp.  I wanted to check on the Traveleze and to pick up the registration.  Tomorrow on my lunch break I am going to get it licensed, so it is legal to tow.  When I got there, Justin had the Travleze parked outside and this was my first chance to see it outside.  It was a little dusty, but it look fantastic!  I help but see why I began this journey in the first place, the shape is just awesome.  The little trailer speaks to me as much today as it did on that first day I brought her home.  I'm in love with this little canned ham.

The Traveleze I.D. tag back on the trailer.
I had also, brought back the Traveleze identification tag and Justin put the tag back on the trailer in it's rightful place of honer, right next to the door handle to the trailer.  I have been waiting for this moment for a long time.  The I.D. tag was one of the first thing I took off and cleaned the paint off of back on August 2, 2010.  When I had finished polishing it up I put the tag away in a Zip Lock bag for safe keeping.  I don't know what it is about the little tag, but seeing it back on the trailer made me feel that the trailer is ready to go again.  Traveleze number 4203 is back and ready to see the world and share the story of 1950's camping.

I had a very nice chat with Justin and I just couldn't be more pleased with his work and how the trailer turned out.  He had several visitor today and they all had spotted the Traveleze at the end of the parking lot.  Justin said the satin finish on the aluminum has been receiving favorable praise and perhaps we should not polish the trailer and just leave it like it is.  This is what it would have looked like from the Traveleze company, I just need to get the three stripes put on now and it will be done.

It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment