Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 581, let it snow

A dusting of snow on March 6, 2012.
It was another snowy start to the day, with a light dusting of snow on the ground and just a few flakes floating through the air.  These are actually some of my favorite mornings and even though it's March, I still enjoy seeing the snow.  Come May, however, my tune will probably change if it is still white on the ground.

There was nothing out of the ordinary with work and the day steadily moved along.  After work I drove to the Home Depot and bought two rolls of shrink wrap to cover the 53 Packard when we pick the car up in Seattle on Friday.  There is 1,000 feet of shrink wrap, 20" wide on a roll and I know one roll is more than plenty, but I bought a second roll just to be sure.  I figured I can always return if I don't use it, but it would be nice to have it if I need it.

After Home Depot I stopped off at the Feed Barn and picked up a sack of layer pellets for the chickens.  The girls have been eating up a ton of feed and only laying two eggs a day.  I'm not sure they are earning their keep, but they are still fun to have.

With today's snow on the road I didn't hear anything about bring the Traveleze home.  I"m going to see if I can pick up the license plate tomorrow and then get the trailer registered, so it is legal to move.  The next few days are supposed to beautiful and I want to have the trailer ready to go when the roads are clear.  My hope is that this weekend I will have the 53 Mayfair and the Traveleze home together.  What an awesome weekend if this actually happens. 

After months of dreaming about the trailer and hours of looking and searching for the perfect tow vehicle, this might be the weekend it all comes together.

I did have some time to look at cars on eBay and I came across this awesome 1950 Nash.  I emailed a link to my brother and he thought I should trade the Packard in for this amazing car.  I might just have to keep my eye on the auction and see where the price ends up.  This is the car I had originally envisioned to pull the Traveleze over a year ago.  The car is incredible!
Nash
1950 Nash Statesman Custom Brougham on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment