Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 603, Taking photos

Traveleze and Packard ready to go.
The weather was actually holding and the sun was  out.  Anna texted around 7:15 am that she would be on her way shortly to take the pictures.  This gave me about 25 minutes to get ready and to have the trailer hooked up to move.  It is so much easier to move the trailer with the John Deere mower than the truck.  When I went to start the mower, the batter was dead.  I quickly tossed on a battery charger and let it charge. By the time Anna arrived the mower was ready to start and I pulled the Traveleze out of the shop and on to the front driveway.  We thought it would be fun to have the Packard in a few of the pictures, so I brought her out too.

Anna has a great camera and I snapped a few pictures with my iPhone.  The lighting was perfect and the clouds in the sky provided some dramatic interest. We spent about an hour playing with the camera angles and positioning the car and in the end I think Anna got some great shots.  I was happy with what I got on my phone.

I got to work a little after 9 am and I shared my photo's with the office.  Everyone thought they looked great and they have been very supportive of my crazy obsession with the restoration and car hunting.

I was pretty focused on the Traveleze at work and I couldn't help but think it would be a lot of fun to pull the Traveleze with the Packard to some of Oregon's great nostalgic camping location and blog about it.  At the Governor's Conference on Tourism last week I actually talked to a few of Oregon's travel people and they liked the idea too.  I followed up with several via email and forwarded some of today's pictures from this morning.

At 4:15 pm I had my workout and I was in sad shape after being gone for a week.  My trainer whipped me into shape and had me do a ton of running up hill on the treadmill. 

A beautiful morning for taking pictures
Following my workout I had time to stop off at Flyte Camp and check on their projects. Now that my trailer is done I really don't want to stop, seeing what they are doing.  They are such great people, and what a fun job, making jewels out of lost treasures. 

At 6:45 pm Tracy was coming to pick me up and we were going to go see a special, 20th anniversary showing of the Bodyguard, in Bend.  I really wasn't sure about this, but Tracy wanted to go and I knew we would have fun.  I bought the tickets at $25 for the two of us and Tracy bought the snack, her water and my pop corn, drink and hot dog, which came to almost another $25.  We had spent $50 to see a movie we could rent for nothing.  The funny part was, when we go into the theater, we were the only people there.  Tracy didn't want to sit in the theater alone and they were having problems getting the movie to run, so they refunded our ticket and we headed home.  Actually, we headed to Macy's so Tracy could do some quick shopping. 

We had a fun even though we didn't get to see the movie and I think we were both happy at the thought of going to bed early.

It had been a fun day!

3 comments:

  1. nice looking pics,
    Are you going to paint those stripes that travel-eze's have back on? It looks unfinished as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the orignal stripes were dark green. When I repaint the car I might do something to match, but I'm not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my mind it needs those dark green stripes. Right now it looks like a man in a 1950's suit without a hat.

    ReplyDelete