Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 590. Leadership Class

Today is Leadership, so I was out the door at 7:20 am.  I had a horrible night sleep and was wide awake for most of the night.  I was surprised that I was feeling fairly refreshed and ready to start a very long day.  My first stop was to buy fresh donuts from the bakery and I was so tempted to eat one or two on my way out to the truck.

Tracy in the back of a new police cruiser.
The schedule for the day was very interesting, with visits to the Fire Department, Police Department, the County District Attorney, a visit to the Sheriff's Office and then a tour of the County Jail.  I think the participants enjoyed having a personal discussion and tour with each of the facilities and learning first hand what their challenges were.  I even got a pictures of Tracy cuffed and stuffed in the backseat of new patrol car.  Okay, she wasn't cuffed, but it was an awfully tight fit in the back seat.

After our tour of the jail the class was over and I had Tracy and Charlie in the car with me and I asked if it would be okay to go look at the trailer.  They said sure, so we made a stop at Flyte Camp.  The film crew was just finishing up and Justin was standing out front when we pulled up.  He was happy to see and opened up the Traveleze, so Tracy and Charlie could see.  He has been so busy working on his many projects, but every thing he is doing is just getting better and better. I am sure he is going to have a huge TV hit on his hands and be busier than ever.  Tracy and Charlie enjoyed seeing the trailer and we headed back for home.

Later that night I spent a little time working on the Packard.  I fed the leather another round of leather conditioner and it's really starting to soften up.  I think if I keep soaking the leather in conditioner it will be presentable and will last for many more years.  I will just need to take it into and have the seams sewn up to have it looking good.

It was a long day and I was ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment