Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 579, A Spring like day.

Lazy cats
Another day in paradise, even the cats didn't want to get up this morning.  I laid in bed until 8 am and then got up and had breakfast, consisting of glass of fiber (yum), a multivitamin, vitamin D and two farm fresh scrambled eggs and toast. It sounds like a Senior Special at Sherri's.

At church, Doug and I are ushering.  I texted him that I would be by to pick him up early.  As it turned out we were way too early, but we just hung out and talked to the many church members.  We lit the candles,  ushered, passed the collection plates, cleaned up after service and called it good.  On our way home, since it was noon, we stopped off at Mazatlan for lunch.  We were both starving, I guess my fiber and eggs didn't last long.

It was a beautiful day with the temperature around 62 degrees.  It was the perfect time to do a little yard clean up.  With wheelbarrow in hand, I picked up a load of pine cones and needles and fired up the John Deere to mow up what I couldn't rake up.  It was a beautiful spring day, but we all know it won't last long and there is still more snow surely to head our way.

I even had the itch to wash a car, so I backed the BMW out and gave it a quick bath.  My parents will be heading over to Portland tomorrow, so I loaned them my truck to assure they will get over the mountain pass with no problems.  This means I get to drive their 750 Li for the day which is quite a treat.  I have clients to pick up at the airport tomorrow, so the extended wheel base and massive back seat leg room will perfect for tomorrow chauffeuring.  Their car also needed a good washing, so I its turn was next and I had it already for tomorrow.

The dilemma I had today was working out the details on how to pick up the 53 Mayfair.  After several phone calls and texts, it was determined that Friday will be the best day to go get the car.  My friend Jon will be heading out of town, but he said I could use his full sized Chevy pickup and car trailer.  I texted Christian to see if he was up for another road trip and said yes.  Tracy has to work, and I'm sure the last trip up and back was enough for her.  The now previous owner of the 53, worked it out with lady who owns the warehouse space to be there to let us get at the car, so everything should be ready.

I am so excited about getting the car the trailer this week, both should be coming home.  Even my 42 undergoing major mechanical restoration work has got me excited.  It seems like I waited for so long to move these projects all forward and now they are all happening at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment