Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 588, A snowy day

Winter is still firmly in place and last weeks 70 degree temperatures were just teaser.  There was snow on the ground and the wind was blowing fiercely.  The hope of spring seemed a long way off.

On my lunch break I was able to get the "month" sticker for the Traveleze license plate.  I was also able to buy 1953 Oregon vintage license plates on eBay from a guy in Portland.  Once I get the plates, which I'm anticipating will be on Friday, I will be able to go register and license the car.

After work I came home and checked on the chickens.  They had knocked one the perches off the wall.  It required a really long screw to fix and then I cleaned out the hen house again.  Man can those hens poop!  After cleaning up the coop I had time to spend tinkering on the 53.  I gave the leather seats another feeding of leather conditioner and they drank up the conditioner like crazy.  It will probably take a couple weeks to get them fully conditioned.  If I can get them soft enough an upholster will be able to sew the seams back up.
 
 It was a little cool out but I couldn't help but take the car our and just drive it around the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment