Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 601, Back to work

I spent a good part of the morning just sorting through mail, emails, phone calls and other projects that accumulated while I was gone, but by the end of the day I was feeling pretty caught up.  At least I had a good plan of attack for the rest of the week.  At noon I ran home for a late lunch and I had two of my recent eBay purchases waiting for me.  One was a vintage Oregon table cloth for the trailer and the other was a NOS section of the back bumper for the 53 Packard. 

Funky old Oregon table cloth.
Immediately following work I zipped home to spend more time on the Traveleze.  I cleaned the outside of the trailer with aluminum and stainless steel cleaner.  It looked pretty good I really want to take it out and give it a good wash, but for now it looked good.  I spent a few moments getting over-spray off the chrome trim rings on the wheels. I can tell I am going to have years of fun just puttering with the trailer.

I had been wondering how the 42 Packard was coming along and especially the engine rebuild.  I gave Rick a call and he has made a lot of progress getting the 42 back together.  He is currently working getting the new overdrive transmission in and he needs to have the drive line shortened.  The engine rebuild is still moving along but they still had one stuck cylinder when he had check last week.  Rick is putting the car back together keeping the current engine in place and we can replace it once the other engine is rebuilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment