Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 606, snow a wedding and birthday party

Snow on March 31, 2012
Today I get to drive to Portland for a wedding of a good friend and for my nieces 9th birthday party.  The first thing I needed to do was get the oil changed in my truck before I drive the 400 mile round trip.  I got up and headed into Bend and for the oil change.  I expected the oil change to take only a few minutes, but they discovered that my battery had a bad cell.  $152 later I was out of there with a new battery and my oil changed.

As I headed home it started to really snow.  It had been spitting flakes all day, but I was getting a littler nervous about driving over the mountain if it was going to be this bad here.  Had several more errands to run in town and I was ready to hit the road by 11 am.

Trees flowering in front of the church
Luckily the snow let up and by the time I hit the mountain passes it was mostly rain.  I made it to Portland at 2:30 pm and had plenty of time to check out the neighborhood around the church in the Sellwood district of Portland.  Everything was in bloom.  The lawns were green, the flowers were all blooming and the flowering trees were spectacular. The wedding was very nice and it was fun to see my friend so happy. 

Following the wedding it was off to Red Robbin for my nieces 9th birthday.  There is nothing like going to a kids restaurant with 5 kids under the age of 5.  I think my ears rang for several hours.  The volume in the restaurant was amazing and I asked the waitress  how she handled the noise, she replied "what?!"  She said it's nothing compared to when a Justin Bieber concert is in town, then it's really loud.  Yikes, remind me never to have that experience.  The main point was my niece had a great time.


No comments:

Post a Comment