Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 607, Drive home

I had a great time in Portland, albeit short, but now it was time to head home.  I left Portland at 10 am, to head to Salem.  I had offered to pick up a friends daughter in Salem, who had been visiting her Aunt and Uncle over spring break.  I was going to be going through Salem on my way home and this would save them the trip and a ton of gas.  I arrived exactly at 11 am, the time arrange and after a quick fill up on gas at Costco and we were off.

The weather was raining hard and the drive was fairly uneventful.  When we got to the pass it was snowing and the line of traffic heading in the other directions was staggering.  It was several miles of bumper to bumper traffic, but there was nothing in our lane head back to Central Oregon.  I was so thankful not to have to be dealing with that mess.

I dropped off my friends daughter and headed to Costco for a little shopping.  I was so impressed with the green lawns in Portland I picked up 2 bags of lawn fertilizer in an effort to maybe speed up my lawn turning green.

Back home I got unpacked and I went out to wash my truck.  Even though it was snowing lightly, I wanted my trucked cleaned.  My truck was covered in red cinder dirt from the trip and I wanted the abrasive grime off before it damaged the finish.  I nearly froze to death, well at least my hands did, but I got the truck cleaned up and put away. 

I was glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment