Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 628, Yard work, Church and sandblasting

It was another spectacular morning and for the first time in the year I had slept with all the windows open in the house.  I spent the entire day yesterday playing, so I really needed to get some chores done.  I spent the morning cleaning and then headed off to church.  At church my friends 84 year old mother was singing a solo, she was awesome!  I sure I hope I have the courage to do something like that when I'm in my 80's.  After church Dough and ate at Mazatlan for lunch and then it was back home for more chores.

After nearly 2 hours of sandblasting!
I really needed to clean up the front entry of the house and racked up a wheelbarrow full of leaves and debris.  After a quick hosing off of the patio the front looked pretty good.  Thanks to the dang birds I needed to wash the windows and many spots on the front of the house.  It was starting to look like spring and the promise of summer was here.

At 3 pm I figured I had time to run back to Prineville and and sandblast a wheel for the spare tire for the 53.  I picked up the rim at the swap meet and need to paint it the color the car.  I'm not sure what the color of the car is going to be just yet, most likely Carolina Cream, but for now I'll probably just have it put in primer.  It was now close to 7 pm and Colleen invited me to stay for dinner,  barbequed ribs, yum. It was the perfect way to end the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment