Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 630, Mow the lawn

Freshly mowed lawn
It's amazing how in Central Oregon you go from having a winter brown lawn, to full on green in a matter of a week.  Tonight I needed to mow the lawn for the second time of the season and it is clear this is going to be a weekly event from now  until fall.

I actually enjoy mowing the lawn.  I put in earphones under my ear protection and listen to music on my iPhone while riding around.  I really enjoy listening to Pandora, where I can pick the genre of the music I want to listen too and within an hour I'm done.

Let summer begin the lawn is officially green
The one bad part about mowing is the allergies it triggers, so immediately take shower following and then I go out and survey the fresh mowed lawn.  There is something very soothing and refreshing about a fresh cut lawn.

I haven't seen the red tail hawk for over a week, so I had let the chickens out into the yard while I mowed.  They were in heaven, digging and scratching in the yard.  They have been consistently laying two eggs a day, so I felt they deserved the free time.  I'm always amazed how at sunset they head back to the coop and call it a night.

Life is good in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment