Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 621, Sunday and another swap meet is over

Jon's truck trailer loaded and heading for home.
Today the Swap Meet opens an hour later so I got to sleep in an extra 45 minutes which was very nice.  We got to our booth and about 7:15 am and were ready for the last day.

Jon and I talked about this being 20 years that we have been coming to the swap meet together.  He and Richard have been coming for over 30.  I enjoy this event so much and it truly is one of the highlights of the year for me.  I so enjoy the getting to be with my friends and have the chance to talk about cars for 4 days.  It really is a high point in my year.

Driving home and a look at Mt. Washington.
I had time to walk around a little bit more and look one last time for something I couldn't live without.  I did discover a very simple towel bar that I thought would work in the Traveleze above the sink, so I bought it for $3.  It was my big purchase for the day.

At 1 pm the swap meet was officially over and 30 minutes later Jon and I had his truck and trailer loaded and we were on the road.  The drive home was beautiful and the weather conditions were whole lot better than we came over on Thursday.

3 and half hours later Jon and were home.  I helped Jon unload his truck and 66 Buick before he took me home.

I was exhausted and ready to be home, but honestly I would turn around and do it all over again if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment