Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 613, A sunny day

Pear tree staked up
Wow, I woke up to sunshine and moderately warm temperatures.  I had lot to get done today, so I was up by 8 am vacuumed, dusted, watered the plants, wound the clocks, fed the chickens (collected one egg) and cleaned up the kitchen.  Tonight we are celebrating the birthday of a good friend and a bunch of us are going to dinner and then coming back here to hang out and enjoy the rest of the evening.  By 10 am I had the place looking presentable enough for company.

The big project I needed to get done out in the yard was staking up a pear tree.  During all the wind we have been having one of the trees started to lean  over.  It is a well established tree but the roots do not seem to go very deep and the tree wants to fall over.  I had staked it last year when the same thing happened, but now it needs a second stake to hole it up.
 
The church kiosk my brother and I built.
At 11 am I went down town in the 53 Packard to check on the big Easter Egg Hunt that the City was hosting.  We had loaned them use of our Church kiosk as a back drop, some AstroTurf and our sound system.  I figured if I got there at the end I could help pick up and return our sound system, so they wouldn't have to worry about it.  They had an excellent turnout and a lot of families.   Lots of little kids wanted to see the Packard.  The bright orange seem to fit in perfectly with all the bright Easter colors.

I drove the car over to my brother's house to drop off Easter cards to my nephews.  My brothers neighbor is a big car nut and is in the process of restoring a 1950 Oldsmobile with lots of custom features.  He immediately say the car and came out to have a look.  We had a very fun conversation about cars and I got to see his Oldsmobile.  He loved the Packard and said if I ever wanted to sell it, he would be interested and he tossed out a number signifcantly higher than what I paid for the car.  I said no, but it did make stop and think to be sure.

Cracked window
I had a little time in the afternoon to clean up the garage a bit.  I know everyone wants to see the trailer and garage needed a little tidying up.  I then noticed that one of the widow panes was cracked.  I had latched the window on the inside and it was obviously too tight and put pressure on the glass and cracked it.  I sent a note to Justin and he was not happy.  I think it was just some of the new parts we had made need a little adjusting and everything will be fine.  I guess these windows are a major pain to replace, but oh well.  I was a little bummed about the window, but there was nothing that can be done and I quickly got over it.

Birthday dinner was scheduled for 6 pm at Mazatlan Mexican restaurant, which is always good.  We had great food and we left feeling stuffed.  Next stop was my place for more snacking, birthday brownies and lots of laughs.  It has been a long time since we had all hung out together and many of us our friendship goes back to college days.  It was a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment