Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 614, Happy Easter

56 BMW Isetta, under restoration.
There is something about a good night sleep and waking up feeling refreshed that just sets the tone for the entire day.  It was so nice to spend time with old friends yesterday and now today is Easter.

There are only two days a year when you have to worry about getting to church on time, Christmas and Easter.  I texted my friend Doug and said I would pick him up earlier than normal today so we could get a seat.  I still only got there 5 minutes early, but there was plenty of parking and we had no problem getting our usual spot.  Many people don't go to church because they think they are going to get a lot of religious preaching, when what I get out of it is how to deal with life and how to be a better human being.  The words of forgiveness, grace and mercy are seldom used or perceived these days.  Anyway, it was a great service, and after Church, Doug and stopped our favorite after church lunch spot, Fiesta Mazatlan Mexican restaurant. 

A small patch welded in the floor of the Isetta
I dropped Doug off at home and headed home to putter around the  house for a bit, before heading off to Prineville to see Rick and to drop off some parts for the 42 Packard.  Rick was working on one of his latest project a 56 BMW Isetta.  He was doing some rust repair patching holes in the floor.  I would love to learn how to completely restore a car and I took not mental notes on how he did his spot welding.  I have done some welding but not wire fed spot welding. It looks fun, and I'm sure I could get the hang of it.  It was amazing to see how thin and light weight the Isetta was and Rick could easily move the car body around with not wheels.

After a couple hours hanging out with Rick I headed home.  It had been a fun day and a relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment