Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 365, One year of blogging about the Traveleze trailer and Chickens

August 3, 2010, the day I brought the Traveleze home.
Well here it is, one year of me blogging on what was supposed to be about the restoration of my 1950 Taveleze trailer.  I bought it August 3, 2010 and started cleaning the up and assessing the work that needed to be done.  After a month of work I quickly realized that it needed much more attention then I wanted to give to it, so I looked for help.

The Traveleze is currently sitting in the parking lot of Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration awaiting its turn for restoration.  I had hoped to have the project completed in less than a year, but here it is one year to the day.  My love of restoring old cars has taught me great restraint in wanting something done quickly, it just never happens.

Throughout the year and as the waiting process began on the trailer, I turned my blog from one focused on the restoration, to that of raising chickens and my random life as middle aged guy living in the heart of Oregon.  My blog is about as random and routine as my life, but it's me, and it reflects the events that take place throughout a year in my life.  I don't know if I'm living the American dream, but I'm living my dream.  I get to travel, play with unusual cars and someday camp in an old trailer.  I have great parents, family and friends and my job is for the most part fun and rewarding.

I really did want to finished up this blog in a year and to have covered the restoration of my trailer as well as a few adventures of the Traveleze out on camping trips.  Since the restoration has not yet started, I'll keep blogging as I enter the start of the second year.  I truly hope that August will be the month that the restoration gets started and that sometime in September I'll get the trailer back, who knows, maybe I'll even have time to take it somewhere before winter sets in.

Sitting in the parking lot wait it's turn to be restored.
So as my first year as the owner of a 1950 Traveleze Trailer comes to an end, I'm still just as excited about seeing this little canned ham restored.  I'm a year older and will turn 46 in a few weeks.  I've survived another year and I'm just a little worse for the wear, but still hanging in there.  My 7 chickens are now a year and 5 months old and are laying about 4 eggs a day. 

Tomorrow begins year two and we shall see where the random life of a middle age guy, his chickens and the restoration of a 1950 Traveleze Trailer end up going.

1 comment:

  1. Fast, cheap, done right. Pick two. :)
    Hang in there it will get done when it's done.
    And KEEP BLOGGING!!!

    ReplyDelete