Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 388, Thursday workout and the Lodge

It was another busy day at work and the entire day flew by.  I had my workout at 4:15pm and my mother took her own car, because I had to go to a meeting after the workout at the Sons of Norway Lodge.

The workout was another good one and I was dripping with sweat once again by the end of the hour.  We focused a lot upper body, shoulders and cardio.   I was beat by the time we were done. 

The lodge meeting was at 5:30pm and the Lodge is just four blocks down on the same street as the gym.  Only 4 of us showed up for the meeting, so it was nice that we could move pretty quickly.  Norwegians however love to talk, so it was still after 7pm before I got out of there.

Christmas before Labor Day.
Since I was in Bend, I decided to stop off at Costco for a much needed bag of M&M's for the office and some cranberry juice for at home.  I was shocked to see that the Christmas decorations were already out.  It's not even Labor Day!  All the lights are LED, which I just can't stand.  I want to support the environment, but I get the eco-friendly Christmas blues, looking at LED lights.  By the time I got home it was a little after 8pm and it was already getting dark.  This is the third day in row that the chickens have had to spend the entire day inside.

The chickens are not happy and are only about 1 to 2 eggs a day.  I'm not sure the little buggers are worth keeping if they don't produce.  It might be time to fire up the BBQ.

With all the lightening the night before there are lots of little fires burning around Oregon and the air was smokey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment