Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 382, Golf tournament and my Birthday.

At 12am I got a text from my brother wishing me a Happy Birthday.  I had probably been a sleep about 30 minutes when my phone bleeped that I had the message.  My brother wanted to be the first to say Happy Birthday on the actual day.  It made me chuckle and I thought it was neat that he thought of me.

About an hour later I woke up with really bad sinus presure, so I got up and took some sinus medication and then for some reason I could not go back to sleep.  At 5:10am after a horrible night of tossing and turning my alarm went off.  I now had to get up to be at the golf course in 35 minutes.  I am so not a morning person, especially after not sleep well.  I thought to myself that mornings are just plain ugly.

I got the golf course at 5:55am and it was time to start setting up for the tournament.  Registration was to be open at 7am with a shotgun start at 8am.  Despite my first impression of an early morning, it really was a beautiful morning.  Our tournament was sold out, but three players, "no showed", but still the event had 141 players. 

The weather was absolutely perfect and everyone had a great time.  Around 1:30pm all the players were back in and the barbecue lunch was ready.  By 2:15pm we started the awards ceremoney.  This is not a serious tournament and many were stretching the truth on their scores and handicaps.  By 3:35 we had the entire tournament packed up and it was time to head back to the office and unload.

It was a very fun day and everyone had a good time.  We were all exhausted and I headed for home around 4:30pm.

The Packard at the Drifters Car Show, August 19, 2011.
This is also the weekend for the Drifters Car Club's Harvest Run and the big car show was set to open at 6pm.  I had just enough time to go home and take a shower and come back with the Packard.  I was back at 6:15pm and was entery number 77.  There were a lot of great cars and it is always fun to hear peoples comments about the car and have them ask "what is it"?

At 8pm all the cars started up and drove a big loop downtown and there were lots of spectators lining the steets.  It was a great way to end the day.

When I was ready to go home Tracy had texted that she had something for me.  I went to see what it was and she had baked me a pie.  This was pretty amazing since she had never baked a pie in her life.  It was peach and I had to try a slice.  It was pretty fantastic and for her first pie it was a home run.

I got home around 9:30pm and I was ready for bed.  This being Friday howerver, I had tossed my sheets in the washer and dryer, so I had to make my bed my first.  The thought of fresh clean sheets and sleeping in sounded aswesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment