Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 381, Getting ready for our golf tournament

It was another crazy morning and tomorrow is our 21st Annual Golf Tournament.  The preparation that goes in to hosting this event is staggering.  My office has been working on every little detail and my main job today will be picking up a truck load of adult beverages and tons of food from Costco.

At 10:45am I had a meeting with the City Bend and my friend Doug to talk about the possibility of the Sons of Norway expanding the kitchen of the lodge.  The meeting went very well and Doug and I had a much better understanding of what the City of Bend will require from us if we expand our kitchen by 85 square feet.

Following the meeting Doug helped me run several errands picking up supplies for the tournament. For lunch I bought Doug a Polish dog at Costco, which seemed to make him happy, and I was glad to have his help.

At the end of the day we had a Ribbon Cutting at 4:30pm and I left promptly at 5pm to run back to Bend to attend the Sons of Norway Building Committee meeting.  I picked up Doug along the way and we both gave the committee our findings of the meeting and some of the requirements that we will have to follow in order to add onto the building.

I dropped Doug back off at his home around 8pm and he had just enough daylight left to take his dog Buck, to the park to play "chuck it".  Buck lives to fetch and will literally die from heat stroke feteching the ball.  He has no off switch and will run until he drops, he's a German Shorthair and despite his lack of smarts, he's a wonderful dog.

Tomorrow will be an early day, so its off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment