Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 394, Flying to Oklahoma


Horizon to Portland

My started at 6am to get up and get ready to be picked up by Tracy at 6:40am.  I was awake before my alarm and Tracy was right on time.  I got to the airport and checked in with no problems. 

My flight went Redmond to Portland, then to Salt Lake and the flights were smooth and ontime.  When I got to Salt Lake, there was a monitor right by the gate and I looked up Oklahoma City and I had two hours to kill before my plane took off.  I walk from to the next gate and sat down several yards from the gate where I could plug in my lap top in and check email.  After about 30 minutes I looked at my ticket and it said my plane departed at 1:50 which was in 5 minutes.  I must have miss read the monitor getting off the plane and I had missed my flight.  I have no idea how I did this.  I'm a seasoned traveler, but the plane was gone.  I check with Delta and the next flight was 6 hours and I was booked on that. 


Salt Lake City International Airport

I spent 6 hours in Salt Lake airport and my flight departs at 7:20pm.  I will arrive in Oklahoma City at 11:18pm.  I lost one evening with my friends, but I guess in the long run it wasn't a huge deal, I'llstill  get there and I'll enjoy their company.  The current temerature in Oklahoma City is 105 and they have huge fires east of the city that has shut down the interstate.

No comments:

Post a Comment