Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 378, Monday

It is just another beautiful day in Central Oregon.  This morning was a bit cool at 43 degrees and with all the windows in the house open it was a bit chilly jumping out of bed.  It's strange it really doesn't seem that cold, but during the winter, if the house drops any where near 60, I'm freezing.

I was out the door on time and for some reason decided to take the Mercedes.  It has an absolutely amazing sound system and I heard the song "Good Life" by One Republic.  I cranked up the volume and with the windows down and the sun roof open I drove to work.  What a great way to start the day.

Today was payday, so it was nice to hand out the paychecks to everyone.  I know I had a Visa bill to pay, so it was nice to have the funds in the bank.  It was a typical Monday, but for some reason the day seemed to fly by faster than usual.  I took a late lunch and came home around 2:30pm.  I wanted to take a picture of my broken kayak paddle to see if I could get a replacement part from the manufacturer.  They had said if I could get a picture it would help them get me the correct part.  I snapped a few pictures with my phone and sent it to them, so I hope to hear tomorrow if they can get me the  part.

The end of a beautiful day.
After work I stopped off at the store to buy the One Republic CD, that had been stuck in my head since I drove to work.  I decided that I had to have it.  I came home and was ready to work in the yard and to remove the old railroad tie fence posts that I no longer was using.  I had planted them about 2' deep and in cement, but I was able to dig the three ties out and fill in the holes.  I'm really going to like having the extra space in the garden next year and will probably plant several rows of corn in the new space.

It was a beautiful evening and I enjoyed being out in the yard taking in the summer evening.  I was as about as content as I could be, watching the chickens run around the yard and Harris the cat chasing bugs and just being near me.  This really is a "Good Life" and as the sunlight started to fade I gather up my tools and got ready to call it a day.

Even though I still had energy to work, it was time to go inside.  What an awesome day from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment