Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 390, Terrebonne Car Show

I slept great with all the windows in the house open and clean sheets. I was so comfortable and hated to get up, but I  had a car show to go to.  The registration for the car show starts at 8am and I had already preregistered but I wanted to get there so I could find a place to park in the shade.

My timing was perfect and I got there at 8:05am and the spot I wanted was still available, so I backed the Packard into a spot under a tall poplar.  This is one of the bigger car shows and there were over 250 cars in attendance.  I entered the Packard for judging under the category of "Best 40's" and all those who entered a car could vote on cars in various categories.  For those came to see the show they could vote for their favorite car in the category of "Peoples Choice".

To my surprise there was another Packard in the show and it parked 5 cars over from me.  It was a 56 Packard Caribbean Convertible and it was huge.  It was great to see another Packard and to have Caribbean was pretty cool.

Two Packard's in the winners circle
At around 2:30pm I was notified that I had one an award and asked to move my car to the winners circle.   The big Packard Caribbean was also asked to come to the circle, so it was great to see the only two Packards get recognized.  We parked are two cars next to each other and then waited for the awards ceremony.

At 3:30pm they started handing out the awards and my Packard took 1st in Class for Best 40's and the Packard Caribbean took 1st in Class for the Orphan class.  Orphan cars are those who's parent company is no longer producing cars and is out of business.  It was fun to show people the car and to be able to let many see a Packard for the first time.

The lawn fresly mowed as the sun sets.
It was a long hot day and by the time I got home it was 4:30pm.  I needed to mow the lawn, so changed into some grubby shorts and jumped on the old John Deere.  When I was all done the yard looked pretty good.  I have a ton of chores to do this weekend, but for now I was done and ready to call it quits for the night.

It was a fun day and I enjoyed every minute.  It was a perfect summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment