Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 379, Tuesday and my brothers birthday.

This has been an amazing August, with very consistent weather and today is another spectacular morning.  My brother from Portland was coming over to work on several projects in the area and today is his birthday.  He pulled into our parking lot the same time we all did and I handed him his birthday card and wished him a Happy Birthday.  He is 2 years and 3 days older than me.

My morning was busy and I had two meetings, one in the office and one out.  I was also able to work a little on the flag trailers for the Redmond Flag Committee and some on the Leadership Redmond program.  I took another late lunch and came home and let the chickens out. At 4:30pm we had a Business After hours at Juniper Golf Course and I was there until 6:15pm.

An ornament worth waiting for.
My brother was meeting our oldest brother and his family for dinner at a local brew pub.  It wasn't much of a celebration, but it was nice to hang out.  We do nott get together that often, so it was a rare moment.  My folks already had dinner plans so they were not able to joined us.  After dinner my brother stopped by my home on his way out of town to see my new shed.   He also gave me a card for my birthday, which is Friday and a ceramic trailer ornament that was back ordered from Christmas (very cool).

He left around 7:45pm and I started puttering in the yard and I ended up pruning the potentilla along the west side of the house.  It was now getting dark, but I was determined to get the shrubs trimmed and to get a jump start on my weekend chores.  I really need a small army of gardeners to come help me, but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.  The yard work is endless.  After I had the potentilla trimmed back and the mess cleaned up, I washed off the deck and all the chicken poo. 

I have decided that I will not be letting the chickens out until about an hour before dusk, they just make too much of a mess when they are out for extended periods.

When I was all done I sat on the front steps of the house with the cat and just enjoyed the night air.


No comments:

Post a Comment