Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 636, Norman and Thunder.

The Diner
Today the plan is to go to Norman, and check out the antique stores on Main Street.  Ann came over around 10 am and we were off to Norman.  Norman is the home of Oklahoma University and is where I earned my Economic Development certificate from in 1996.  Norman is a great college town and recently has has some severe weather activity and several tornado's have caused damage.

It takes about 30 minutes to get Norman from OKC and we drove around some neighborhoods where Ann's sister lives. There were several areas that had tornado damage, but for the most part the damage was minor.  We parked on Main street and walked several blocks and to Ann's surprise all the antique stores were gone.  It was still nice to walk the street and we ate at the "Diner" that was featured in Drive ins Diners and Dives.  While the look of the building could qualify as a Dive the food was great. 

The Oklahoma Thunder in the NBA Playoffs game two.
After not finding any antique stores, we headed back to OKC.  I was fine it, the only old things I want to buy are for the trailer.  However, we did stop off at a nursery garden shop and ended up buying a concrete plaque that said Vineyard, that I thought would good in folks wine cellar.  I figured it would fit in my suitcase, but I would later find out it was way to big.

Tonight is game 2 of the NBA Playoffs for the Thunder and we headed to the Chesapeake Arena around 6:45 pm.   I have been spoiled rotten by my friends Robin and Brad and the experience to attend a Playoff game in such luxury is an experience I will never forget.

The Thunder were playing much better in game two and lead most of the game.  At halftime, the Thunder were up 16 points over the Mavericks, but quickly lost it in the third quarter.  At the final buzzer The Thunder won 102, to 99.  Game Three will be in Dallas on Thursday and is sure to be a great game.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment