Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 650, Monday and back to work

It  had been a fantastic weekend.  Sleeping in the trailer and buying stuff to stock it up for a real adventure was a blast.  It was very hard to focus at work as the weather was still spectacular and the excitement of the trailer was still fresh in my mind.

On my lunch hour I down loaded several pictures to Walgreen's photo lab for developing. I wanted to print out a batch of some of the trailer pictures I took over the weekend.  I also had the idea of calling the original owner of the trailer who lives in La Pine, OR and see if he would be interested in seeing pictures of the trailer.  I still had one of the original registration slips from the 80's and I was able to look up his number in the phone book.

I dialed the number and Richard answered and I told him who I was and that I just had his trailer restored.  He was excited to hear what I had done and was eager to see pictures.  I told him I would have the pictures developed and sent down to him.  He said sometime he would dig through his pictures and see if he had pictures of the trailer with his Dad, who originally had the trailer.

It was so fun to talk with Richard and I will be interested to see what he thinks when he see's the pictures.

2 comments:

  1. The Traveleze looks great! My wife and I bought one that's close to the same shape yours was. Trying to decide where to go with it from here. Yours turned out gorgeously. Do you mind sharing some ballpark figures on what you first paid and how much it cost to restore? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barry, I spent a small fortune. I easily could have bought a trailer done for a lot less. Oh well, it was a fun project and now I just need to use it. Think high $20K and over....

    Eric

    ReplyDelete