Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 648, Fun sleeping in the Traveleze.

It actually got very cold last night, with temperatures dropping well below freezing, but I stayed warm and comfortable in the little trailer. I had plenty of blankets and other the disruption from the cat, I slept great.  As the sun came up there was a warm cozy glow in the trailer.  The rich amber birch wood interior caught the early morning sun and I couldn't help but feel I was in a rustic cabin high up in the mountains.  It was a perfect morning. 

Christian was going to come over around 9am after he dropped his dropped his daughter off the stables just down the road.  I had told him I would have coffee and pastries in the trailer if he wanted to stop by and he was here promptly at 9am.  I had yet to try out the stove and oven, so we turned on the gas and with the striking of a few matches, we tried the stove out and had the oven lit.  I had purchased Pillsbury cinnamon rolls that you bake in the oven and in twenty minutes the trailer smelled like fresh coffee and cinnamon.  The experience was amazing all I needed now was a view of a lake and the smell of a forest.

The 53 Packard parked next to the Traveleze
It was hard to pull myself away from the trailer, but I had a ton of chores to do.  Christian wanted to wash the Packard for me after taking it for a spin and I jumped on the lawn mower and mowed the lawn.  After washing cars and mowing the lawn we planted two trays of seeds for the garden that I will hope to plant in the ground in early June.  It is far too early to plant the garden, as the frost danger will drag on for several more weeks.

Around noon my brother and his family from Portland arrived at my folks house.  They had come over for Mother's Day weekend and we had several family events planed, all centered around food and tonight was pizza.  It was great to see them and everyone was having a good time.  My sister-in-law even brought the kids over to see the animals and to run around a bit and of course check out the trailer. 

Harris trying out the bed.
After dinner with the family  I headed back home to camp out once again. The original plan was to have Tracy and Christian both come over and put the trailer to the ultimate test, of sleeping three people.  Unfortunately however, Tracy had a hiking accident and cut open her leg requiring three stitches.  She also was dog sitting, so it wasn't going to workout.  Christian was eager to come back and try out camping.

Night two in the trailer was a blast, sharing the cozy trailer, playing Farkle and talking into the wee hours of the morning. And yes, the cat wanted to be apart of the fun once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment