Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 662, Putting in a sprinkler system

Last year I moved the fence by the orchard our 10' so I could have more garden space and room to plant lots of corn.  There is no irrigation to this new claimed space, so that is the first thing on my agenda today, to put in sprinklers.   I knew I had enough water pressure in the small garden area, so that is where I planed on tapping into the sprinkler system.  I was going to have to dig about 60' of trench to bury the system.  Luckily we have had several days of really good rain and the soil was very soft.  I was surprised that it only took a little over an hour to get the trench dug out.  Next was a trip to Lowe's to buy the pipe I needed and sprinkler heads.

Moving the gate.
The digging was the hard part and it took me very little time to get the pipe and fittings all glued into place.  With a turn of dial and push of a button the sprinkler system worked great.  Now I had to back fill all the trenches and rake the ground smooth.  I should have worn gloves and I got a huge blister on my thumb instantly.

With the irrigation system in I now needed to move two post and the gate to the garden.  Digging fence post holes 28" deep was so easy with the good soil and no rocks!  It was  hard to believe the difference compared to putting in Tracy's fence.  I had the gate moved in no time and I was done for the day.

My good friend Christian showed up to check out the progress on the garden project and I was starving.  We did a quick run to Papa Murphy's and picked

No comments:

Post a Comment