Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 647, Friday and pulling the trailer out of the shop.

It was a spectacular Friday morning with the sun shining and the weather forecast for temperatures near 80 all weekend.  I think everyone was in a great mood with the approaching Mother's Day weekend just ahead.

The Traveleze set up in the driveway for a trial run.
I was excited for the weekend to get started.  My plans for tonight were to pull the Traveleze out of the garage and sleep in it for the first time.  I figured the best way to know what I needed for supplies in the trailer was to try it out.

All set up for a camp-out in the driveway.
After work I headed home excited about pulling the trailer out and setting it up.  The weather was perfect and I couldn't wait to get the weekend started.  I pulled the car into the garage and went inside to change clothes.  My friend Christian had borrowed the Packard, so he could pick up his daughter from school and then go for a drive.  With the Packard out it was one less car I had to move.  The only other car in the way was my father's Cadillac, which I quickly moved.  To pull the Traveleze out, I put the 2" ball to the John Deere mower and backed it up to the trailer.  I had the trailer hooked up in no time and carefully pulled it out of the shop into the sunlight.

It only took me a few minutes to have the trailer in place at the front of the house and only a few minutes more to have it plugged in and set up.  It looked awesome sitting in the sun with the green grass and blue sky surrounding it.  I rolled out the AstroTurf and unfolded the portable picnic table and put on my Mom's vintage Iowa table cloth.  After that I thought it would be fun to put the awning up, but quickly realized I didn't have rope or tent stakes.  Those were the first two things on my list.

Christian brought the Packard home around 8pm and he thought the trailer looked amazing.  We played a game of Farkle (a game with six dice) and after three games Christian headed home. 

Tonight will be my first night in the trailer!  I crawled into bed around 11pm and I was exhausted, but excited to try out the Traveleze. 

The only think I didn't count on was my cat Harris wanting to be apart of the action.  Around 11:30 he was meowing at the door and scratching at the trailer.  I didn't want his razor sharp claws scratching the aluminum, so I quickly got up and let him in.  He was happy for about an hour and then he wanted out.  This went on several times throughout the night.  I'm going to have to cage him if I do this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment