Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 656, Finishing the fence

Dalton helping with the fence
I picked Doug up for church at 11 am and he wasn't going to be help with the fence today. So I said a few extra prayers for the fence project.

I headed over to Tracy's around 1 pm and was already to get this project going.  Tracy informed me that her neighbor Dalton was going to come over and help.  I thought, GREAT, but found out Dalton is 6.  This little kid came over all confident he was going to help and he picked up the cordless screw driver and wanted to help.  He was Awesome!  If all little six year old's were like him I'd have a couple.  I really enjoyed his energy and watching his little brain concentrate on screwing in all the screws for each bracket.

Tracy, Dalton and worked all day and by 6 pm we had a fence.  I was dead tired and ready to crash and burn after a shower.  Tracy offered to take me out to eat, but I asked for a rain check and headed home.

On my way home I stopped off at my sister-in-laws to pick up my tent.  She had texted that it she had it and I was eager to check it out.

Of course when I got home I had to figure out how the tent went together and after several puzzling minutes and a few phone calls to my brother I finally figured it out.  It's a great little tent.

The weekend was coming to close and I was wiped out.  I had a great since of accomplishment with the fence despite it's less then perfect alignment.  It was nice to have that project done and Tracy was thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment