Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 649, Mother's Day.

The view from my bed
It was another cool night but it was above freezing and with an extra person in the trailer we kept the the windows and roof vent open.  The sun came up early and Christian plugged in the old perk coffee pot and the smell of fresh perked coffee quickly overtook the tiny trailer.  We both commented that glow of the trailer in the morning sun light, the smell of coffee and feeling of warm and comfortable in bed was overwhelmingly incredible.

Dad's fishing pole from 1945.
Christian had to be at work, so the morning was off to an early start.  I had Mother's Day breakfast at my folks and then church.  I picked up Doug for church and then afterwards we went over to Tracy's to fix a leaking toilet.  I had purchased the gasket early last week, but hadn't had time to instal it.  I was glad Doug was coming for backup, as I had never seen a toilet with the inside like this.  Luckily, with a little work it was up and running, or is that flushing?

The awning set up.
With Doug dropped off back his home, it was back to the folks house for an early Mother's Day dinner at 1pm.  More family and food and enjoying the fantastic weather.  We all had a great weekend and shortly after dinner everyone headed home.

After everyone had left, I asked my Dad about an old vintage heater I remembered him having and I wondered if he still had it.  We went under the house and found it, as well as his fishing pole from 1945.  The pole was actually my grandfathers and he gave it to my Dad in 45.  He was  happy to give both of them to me for the trailer and I was very excited to have them.  He also gave me two vintage hammers and a galvanized bucket to add to the trailers supplies.

I gave my Mom a big Mother's Day hug and then headed to the story to buy more supplies for the trailer.  I really wanted to find tent stakes and rope, so I could try out the awning.  There were also several kitchen supplies I wanted to get, along with other miscellaneous items.  I headed to Fred Meyer's and $191 later I was heading for home to stock up the trailer.
The end of the weekend.

With the rope and tent stakes the awning went up with easy.  The awning looked really good with the trailer and seemed to make the trailer look bigger, at least the usable space anyway.

It had been an awesome weekend.  I had so much fun and hated to see the weekend come to an end. 

Tonight I'm sleeping in my own bed and hopefully the crazy cats will leave me alone.






2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh....I have been peeking in on your blog off and on for a few months now....I am the visitor from Bellingham....I have a 1959 Cardinal and I just love the work you have done to your trailer....But most of all I love the awning. Can you give me details on it I have a small rail that runs along the side with 2 small holes in it. Is that howyou hook the awning on??????? I want one.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The awning slides onto a small curved track at the top of the trailer. I can look up the gal who made the awning I have her card somewhere if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete