Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 637, Flying home

Oklahoma heading to Salt Lake City
Time flies when you are having fun and my four days in Oklahoma were coming to a close.  Robin and Brad both had to work and custody of me, was given over to Ann.  Robin and Ann both like to have me help with small projects around the house and they both joke over who gets custody of me.  Today was Ann's day and she picked me up around 9 am.  Dr. Nick and Ann have a spectacular home on a beautiful ranch.  I helped Ann get chickens a year ago and now she knows about chickens then me.  She has over 24 and gets about 3 dozen eggs a week.

Ann had several small projects that she needed help with and we quickly accessed what we needed to pick up at Lowe's and to accomplish our list.  We had a pretty good list going to pick up and I was sure we could get everything done before I had to head to the airport around 4 pm. 

We met Robin for lunch in town and then headed to the ranch to get the projects accomplished.  We quickly repaired a large teak wood screen that had blown over outside by the pool and then headed to the garden shop.  The shop is about a year old and needed some shelving.  We had bought some "L" brackets and pine boards and quickly put up 5 shelves.  I had suggested hooks to hang the bicycles to get them out of the way.  It took about a minute and get the hooks in and the bikes hung up, Ann loved it.
Plane flying over us at 33,000 feet.

At 3:45 pm it was time to head to the airport and I was on my way home.  Delta Airlines had great service between Oklahoma City and Redmond.   I got through security with my large concrete plaque by 4:30 pm.  The first leg of the journey is from OKC to Salt Lake City and the first flight departed on time at 5:45 pm.  An hour and 30 minutes later we landed in SLC.

Back home in Redmond
The connection time in SLC to Redmond was exactly one hour and by the time I walked to the gate I only had to wait about 20 minutes before the plane started boarding.  While waiting I accidentally knocked the plaque off my suitcase and it hit the ground with thunk.  Luckily it didn't break, but I did have to seriously wonder why I purchased a 35 lbs piece of concrete.  Anyway it will make for a good a story.

I landed in Redmond at 8:30 pm and it was nice to be home.  In a little less than 5 hours I was home. Delta Airlines was great all the way.

It was nice to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment