Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 660, Scrappy gets a blood test.

So after three months of getting vitamin B shots, Scrappy the 16 year old spindly cat needed to have a blood draw at the Vets to see how his blood was doing.  I had an appointment to meet with the painters at my house to have the shop painted this summer and afterwards I was I was going to take the cat to the vet.

I bundled up Scrap in a towel and off we went.  The gals at the front desk took him back for the blood draw and I waited out front.  Scrappy in his prime was a long, big 20 lbs, but now with whatever is ailing him, he is down to under 7 lbs.  There really isn't much left of him, but he is still active, catches mice and gophers and moves with relatively little problems.  It took them quite some time to draw the blood, because they could not find a vain.  After nearly 30 minutes Scrap was ready to go home and I paid the $179 bill.  I was a bit shocked and I couldn't help but wonder if spending money on a cat that looks to be on his last life was worth it.  Oh well, the little guy has been a good mouser and who knows maybe they can get him better.

The highlight of the day, other than spending money on the cat, was having dinner with my folks.  I enjoy them so much and we had a great dinner. 

It was a cold wet rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment