Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 101, Photo shoot day.

Photo shoot 2008 at Todd Lake, photo by Timothy Park.
Each year at the office we do a unique Christmas card, that involves the entire office (5 of us) dressed up in costume to fit a theme.  Today, is the day we are doing the photo shoot and we had hoped for snow, but we didn't get any.  It was snowing, but not sticking, so the ground was not white.  We started this, now highly anticipated, tradition 3 years ago and coming up with a photo as unique as our first is a challenge. 

Our Christmas card for 2008 was a Sound of Music inspired theme and the photos were taken at Todd Lake.  The out come was nothing short of hilarious.  I still chuckle to this day when I see it.

Part of the un-cropped photo used in 2009 - Timothy Park
The Christmas card for 2009 was inspired by Norman Rockwell's August 30, 1947's cover of the Saturday Evening Post titled "Going and Coming", we took one shot each direction, one all loaded up and happy, the second showing a less enthusiastic "after Christmas blues".

This year we are pulling our inspiration from a 1983 MGM/UA holiday classic, but I can't release the topic or show the picture yet.  I feel it will up hold our high standards for hilariousness and should be a hit with our members.

The photo shoot was early in the morning and we were back in the office by 9:30.

Tim Heintz, 1950 Spartanette in Louisville, KY, July 2010.
At 1pm I had a meeting with the Affinity Group who will be bringing a large event to Redmond in July.  This was the event, where I flew to Louisville, KY to attend the rally and I got hooked on vintage trailers.  This is where I first saw a Spartanette Tandem and got bit by the vintage trailer bug bad.  I shared my story about loving the vintage trailer at the Louisville show and the event coordinator loved it.  I told her about Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration and the large following of vintage trailer enthusiasts in the area and they thought they might want to incorporate them with the rally.  Humm, maybe my 1950 Traveleze will be ready to show by then.

The rest of the day was busy and I had a 4:30pm workout session scheduled, so would not get home until 6pm.  The chickens were long asleep and they had spend the day cooped up, but they produced 3 eggs.

It was time for dinner, a little reading and perhaps watch a bit of the CMA Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment