Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 113, I'm leaving on a jet a plane

This is my kind of Monday, instead of going to work, I'm going to Oklahoma City, to visit my friends Robin and Brad, Dr. Nick and Ann for Thanksgiving.  My flight departs Redmond at 1:05pm and takes me to Portland, Denver and then OKC.    
Waiting for my flight to Portland at RDM

Having the morning free, I was able to get a few projects done and the house cleaned up, so that I will come to a clean house, minus whatever the cats drag in and my friends leave for me. 

I did actually run to the office to drop off a few things and then ran some errands downtown including going to the bank to get some money out of the ATM machine.  I never like to travel with an empty wallet.

It was nice to have a late departure and not to feel rushed.  I got to the airport in plenty of time and found out that the flight to Portland was delayed 30 minutes.  I have plenty of time in Porland so I'm not too concerned at the moment.  Holiday travel is never the easiest, so it will be interesting to see how the day unfolds.

That's it from Redmond for now, I hope to update the days progress throughout the day.

Well the resto of the day can only be discribed as flat out run.  I arrived in Portland 10 minutes after my flight was to leave for Denever.  I had to run across the airport and when I arrived they were calling my name and I immediately boarded the flight.  I figured there was no way my lugage would make it. 

With this flight being late I was concerned about my flight in Denver, since I only had 35 minutes between flights.  Again, when we landed in Denver, I was 10 minutes past the time my flight to OKC was scheduled to depart, but this flight too was behind schedule.  The best part was the departure gate was one gate over so I didn't have to run.  I made it to Oklahoma City and even more surprising so did my luggage.  It was now 10:15pm.

It was great to see Robin and Brad and I was really tired.  The best part about the flying today, was I was able to ready 3 days worth of my "Read the Bible in 90 Days". 

It was time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment